News and Announcementview all
The Road Safety and Transport Authority informs that all passenger bus, city bus, taxi and truck drivers in all Dzongkhags are required to undergo mandatory COVID-19 tests once every two weeks with immediate effect, and the test can be done at any flu clinic or testing stations in your respective dzongkhag.
Further, the RSTA and RBP will conduct regular checks along highways and checkpoints to ensure that these drivers have valid COVID-19 negative certificates along with driving license and other vehicle documents.
The Regional Transport Office, RSTA Thimphu will reopen with effect from Tuesday, 2nd February 2021 for delivery of regular public services.
The office shall remain closed for the public on Monday, 1st February 2021 for cleaning and disinfection of the premise since it was used as a self-contained zone for mobilization and deployment of vehicles for COVID-19 containment duty during the 2nd lockdown.
The inconvenience caused is highly regretted.
- Chief Regional Transport Officer, Thimphu
Upon the directives of the Royal Government of Bhutan, Department of IT & Telecom(DITT) has developed Check Post Management System (CPMS) to track movements of vehicles and people through formal point of entries/exists at check posts within the Dzongkhags during COVID-19 pandemic.
The system can be conveniently accessible through online by both the applicants as well as implementing agencies i.e Road Safety & Transport Authority (RSTA) and Royal Bhutan Police (RBP). The system can help for contact tracing, if required, by the Ministry of Health (MoH) to enable accurate and fast contact tracing.
The CPMS (cpms.rbp.gov.bt) shall be used as follows;
- For passengers traveling by public buses, respective ticketing counters will register the passengers upon sale of tickets. This will further be verified by RSTA on pre-departure inspection. For this purpose, all bus operators are asked to provided PC/laptops to their ticketing counters, and they were trained with the help of DITT and Dzongkhag IT.
- For taxi, respective drivers and passenger should jointly register on CPMS before journey.
- For private vehicles, the driver should register on the CPMS.
- For those passengers with no access to Internet/smartphones, the RSTA was instructed by Hon'ble PM to establish hotline, and it will tentatively be done by today.
- As per the advice of MoH and respective Dzongkhag Incident Command Center, the entry of vehicles are allowed to southern dzongkhags.