News and Anouncementview all
The Road Safety and Transport Authority would like to notify the general public that 3 (THREE) temporary service stations are established at Dechencholing, Lower Babesa Truck Parking and Changlingmithang Parking to enable renewal of Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) and Road Worthiness Certificate (RWC)/Fitness Test. The stations will be opened from 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM from 15 - 29th October, 2020.
All visitors are requested to abide by the following requirements:
1. All vehicle owners wishing to avail service from these stations must register by calling the 1010 facility. The helpdesk will issue each person with a time slot and a token
number to come to the respective stations. Registration is open from October 14, 2020 between 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M.
2. The arrangement will supersede the extended period. With effect from November 1, 2020, the registration renewals will be resumed with the regular applicable late penalty
The RSTA office will provide services as usual. For details, please visit the RSTA website (www.rsta.gov.bt) or call 1010/77141199.
The Road Safety and Transport Authority would like to notify the general public that late fee shall be further exempted for another 2 (TWO) months i.e. until 31st December 2020 on the following:
1. Renewal of Registration Certificate (RC)
2. Renewal of Driving License (DL)
3. Vehicle Road Worthiness Certificate (RWC) / Fitness Test
Click below to download the notification:
Upon the directives of the Royal Government of Bhutan, Department of IT & Telecom(DITT) has developed Check Post Management System (CPMS) to track movements of vehicles and people through formal point of entries/exists at check posts within the Dzongkhags during COVID-19 pandemic.
The system can be conveniently accessible through online by both the applicants as well as implementing agencies i.e Road Safety & Transport Authority (RSTA) and Royal Bhutan Police (RBP). The system can help for contact tracing, if required, by the Ministry of Health (MoH) to enable accurate and fast contact tracing.
The CPMS (cpms.rbp.gov.bt) shall be used as follows;
- For passengers traveling by public buses, respective ticketing counters will register the passengers upon sale of tickets. This will further be verified by RSTA on pre-departure inspection. For this purpose, all bus operators are asked to provided PC/laptops to their ticketing counters, and they were trained with the help of DITT and Dzongkhag IT.
- For taxi, respective drivers and passenger should jointly register on CPMS before journey.
- For private vehicles, the driver should register on the CPMS.
- For those passengers with no access to Internet/smartphones, the RSTA was instructed by Hon'ble PM to establish hotline, and it will tentatively be done by today.
- As per the advice of MoH and respective Dzongkhag Incident Command Center, the entry of vehicles are allowed to southern dzongkhags.
The Royal Government of Bhutan is putting in place every measure necessary to safeguard the people of Bhutan from the COVID-19 pandemic - the Coronavirus. With our biggest assurance and comfort coming from His Majesty The King who is selflessly looking after the people, at such a difficult time, we on our part must remain united and support one another to contain the spread of the virus in our country. We have to ensure that all Bhutanese have the access to timely and correct information from the government to take all the necessary precautions. Please visit or follow the links shared below to keep yourself informed and updated:
The Road Safety and Transport Authority hereby notifies the launch of mRSTA mobile app. The app has been developed to enable production of requisite documents such as Driving License (DL), Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC), Road Worthiness Certificate (RWC) and other relevant documents in electronic form for convenience. Click here for more details.