What should I do when renewing a registration certificate?
- The owner of the vehicle must arrange to renew the registration certificate from the expiry date of the current registration after furnishing the registration certificate to the authority (any Regional or Base Office) for amendment.A late penalty of Nu.10/- per day for all types of vehicle will be imposed.
- The original registration certificate must be produced while renewing.
In case of any vehicle undergoing major repair,the owner must inform the authority in writing at the time of taking the vehicle for repair,and must surrender the registration certificate to the authority.After the repair ,the owner must furnish an authentic evidence or a certificate from the concerned workshop after the repairs have been completed,showing the duration of repair.Approach the nearest RSTA office to renew your documents.
Road Worthiness Test
- The Vehicle fitness test must be done at the date of expiry (which is the same with the Vehicle renewal date). Failing to renew on or before expiry date shall be imposed a penalty of Nu.50 per day. Vehicle fitness is considered to be one of most important work of the Transport Authority to insure that the car is safe to drive and is in good condition to run with out any problem for both self and other road users.
- RC Renewal and Motor Vehicle Fitness fees.
Replacement/Duplication of RC
- Submit an application to the nearest Traffic police immediately for clearance and issuance of duplicate license.
- The concerned owner of the vehicle must then inform the nearest RSTA for duplication of RC in writing with the valid Registration number.
- Replacement/Duplication can be done in a day after verification and payment of nu.500/-.